This post contains links through which we may earn a small commission should you make a purchase from a brand. This in no way affects our ability to objectively critique the products and brands we review.
Evidence Based Research To fulfill our commitment to bringing our audience accurate and insightful content, our expert writers and medical reviewers rely on carefully curated research.
Read Our Editorial Policy
If you’re new to cooking or turmeric isn’t in your typical spice repertoire, have no fear! This turmeric tahini granola is a perfect stepping stone to get you started.
Turmeric is a golden spice that comes from a plant native to Southeast Asia and is loaded with anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties!
Some may be intimidated by the deep golden color, assuming that it will boast an aggressive or overpowering flavor. Despite its bright color, turmeric is actually relatively mild and adds a slight earthy profile to recipes. Because of its subtlety, turmeric lends well to both savory and sweet dishes.
Aside from its health and flavor benefits, turmeric gives any food you cook it with the most gorgeous golden color even if you only add a pinch.
We like this turmeric tahini granola because it adds nuttiness and earthy flavors to a recipe that is usually loaded with added sugars and preservatives.
This granola is the perfect addition to yogurt with berries and balances well with other sweet treats.
What’s in our Turmeric Tahini Granola?
- Rolled oats: we prefer to use rolled oats in this recipe as they have more body and crunch than other varieties.
- Tahini: a healthy fat with a nutty flavor! Tahini is made of ground up sesame seeds (it’s same way peanuts become peanut butter) and adds a really nice balance to the turmeric. Tahini is the fat in this recipe and is what will give you those perfect granola clusters.
- Maple syrup: what’s granola without a little sweetness? You can use agave or honey here in the same quantity, if you prefer. We recommend sticking to a liquid sweetner for this recipe.
- Spices: our beloved golden turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg give this granola it’s unique warmth and will have your house smelling incredible!
- Pumpkin seeds: all good granola has texture! Feel free to add whichever nuts and seeds you like. Pumpkin seeds tend to be more subtle in flavor and are small enough that they blend well with the oats.
Turmeric Tahini Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- dash of nutmeg
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the seeds) in a large bowl until oats are coated.
- Add seeds and give a final stir.
- Place on a baking sheet at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes or until granola has reached crunchy texture.