Though a bit removed from the grape and strawberry classics, raspberry jam, for some, is the perfect PB&J pairing.
No matter what flavor you prefer, you have to admit that shopping for jam can be overwhelming—so many options!
Also, so many added ingredients.
Next time you’re in the grocery store, take a look at the sugars on a typical jar of jam. It’s pretty ridiculous.
We believe in keeping the classics but spinning them so they are easier on your body and promote your long-term health.
Basically, it’s not sustainable for us to abstain from PB&J’s… so we had to take matters into our own hands by whipping up a simple, clean homemade jam for other like-minded nostalgics.
This easy raspberry jam recipe is made up of only 3 ingredients. It’s tangy and bright—the perfect match for creamy (or crunchy) peanut butter.
This also goes great on top of yogurt, oatmeal, ice cream, or all on its own.
And since this isn’t a preservative-packed recipe, you’ll want to refrigerate and consume this small batch of homemade raspberry jam within a week of preparing.
Raspberry Jam Recipe
- 12 oz Fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Rinse raspberries well.
- Dry raspberries well on a towel.
- Add raspberries to a saucepan on low-medium heat.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add maple syrup.
- Mash with a whisk until raspberries are broken down.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then increase to medium-high heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Cook and stir often with a spatula for 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Allow to cool and then transfer into a sealed container.
- Refrigerate and enjoy for up to 1 week.