We love this Mediterranean quinoa salad because it has plant-based protein, bright and crunchy veggies, and salty kalamata olives that add a punch to each bite.
Quinoa is a fantastic base for salads because it is a source of protein and holds up to the balsamic vinaigrette, preventing a soggy, lifeless salad.
The ingredients in this salad are hearty and will make you feel full longer than a spring mix side salad.
You can top this salad with your protein of choice or top it with items like nuts and seeds as another way to add protein (and crunch) to this salad if you are following a plant-based diet.
Although there is spinach in this recipe, the greens are not the star but an equal part of a balanced mix of ingredients.
We love salads that have even ratios of all ingredients so the salad doesn’t feel one-note.
This salad has texture, crunch, sweetness, and tang: a win all around!
We hope you enjoy it!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 persian cucumbers, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ small red onion, chopped
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Cook quinoa according to bag directions.
- Chop and add all veggies and quinoa in a large bowl.
- Mix all veggies and quinoa thoroughly.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and give it a thorough whisk with a fork.
- Pour dressing over the salad and serve immediately.