This post contains links through which we may earn a small commission should you make a purchase from a brand. This in no way affects our ability to objectively critique the products and brands we review.
Evidence Based Research To fulfill our commitment to bringing our audience accurate and insightful content, our expert writers and medical reviewers rely on carefully curated research.
Read Our Editorial Policy
We’re big on buffalo sauce here at The Nutrition Insider! This healthy buffalo chicken dip is a classic make-ahead dip for the Super Bowl (which happens to be right around the corner) but you certainly don’t need to be a sports fan to try this recipe.
The chicken in this low-calorie buffalo chicken dip can be prepared any way you would normally prepare your chicken: roasted, slow-cooked, or boiled all work fine here.
This recipe can be scaled up to suit your crowd but we’re pretty confident that you won’t have leftovers no matter how much you make.
We use Primal Kitchen for our buffalo sauce needs and though we do highly recommend it, use whichever fits your taste.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese
- ½ cup small curd cottage cheese
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients besides ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Pour dip into a glass 8×8 pan.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Serve with kettle chips, veggies, or your choice.