Ripe bananas on the counter? You know the drill.
This healthy banana bread recipe is special because it’s dairy free but super moist! Like us, you may have noticed that many dairy free bread recipes come out with a gummy, over-chewy texture. The coconut oil in this recipe lends to a soft, delicate crumb. You won’t miss the butter or milk at all.
Watching your sugar? This recipe is naturally sweetened with honey instead of added processed sugars. We also find that the honey adds a unique depth of flavor once baked through.
This healthy banana bread pairs well with tea and coffee and can be served with a drizzle of honey, topped with some nut butter, or plain.
This recipe is too good not to try. The scent alone will have your neighbors knocking, so you might consider doubling the recipe!
Wondering if this healthy banana bread fits your diet? Scroll down to our nutritional facts (scored by a registered dietician) for the breakdown.
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Healthy Banana Bread
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 large mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit and spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add coconut oil.
- Add honey and whisk until combined.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add mashed bananas, almond milk, and whisk.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and whisk.
- With a spatula, fold in the flour until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle walnuts over the top.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This banana bread will stay fresh for up to 2-3 days at room temperature.
- You can freeze the banana bread for up to 3 months. Just let the banana bread cool completely then wrap it in plastic wrap and place inside a large ziplock freezer bag.
- You can use all-purpose flour as a flour alternative.
- You can replace the walnuts with other nuts or skip them completely.