Our chocolate peanut butter rice cake snack is the perfect quick sweet treat. Made with only 3 ingredients, it is simple to throw together – no baking required!
Peanut butter and chocolate are already a perfect match, but when mixed with a crunchy rice cake, this snack is way more satisfying than a piece of chocolate and peanut butter candy, plus it has lots of crunch!
Rice cakes have an infamous reputation for being boring and bland… because they are. We choose to treat them like a canvas to decorate with delicious toppings like peanut butter and chocolate (although peanut butter and jelly also works great here).
This recipe is a really good example of how ingredients transform each other when paired correctly. A rice cake or even a scoop of peanut butter on its own is not that satisfying but when paired together with chocolate, this becomes a snack to look forward to.
If you enjoy a salty and sweet combo, you can purchase salted rice cakes and top the chocolate with a little flaky salt. If you have a nut allergy, you can use sunflower seed butter or even tahini!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cake Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cake Snack
- 4 rice cakes
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate (dark chocolate chips work too)
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted and set aside.
- Break/crumble rice cakes and add them to a bowl.
- Add in chocolate and set aside approx 1 tbsp.
- Add in peanut butter and set aside approx 1 tbsp.
- Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate and peanut butter on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until completely firm.
- Break apart or slice in pieces and enjoy!