This post contains links through which we may earn a small commission should you make a purchase from a brand. This in no way affects our ability to objectively critique the products and brands we review.
Our southwestern egg hash is a go-to when you’re stumped on what to make for dinner. Veggies, beans, and eggs are thrown on a sheet pan and your oven does the rest of the work.
Our ingredients have purpose! This recipe isn’t just easy and delicious, it also has an impressive nutritional profile.
Eggs, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and chili peppers are all considered collagen-rich foods. Collagen is a key component in skin, hair, and muscle development and maintenance.
It’s no surprise that a recipe as colorful and bright on the outside is also good for your insides. Give our southwestern egg hash a try and you’ll know egg-sactly what we’re talking about!
Southwestern Egg Hash
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 can black beans rinsed (no salt added)
- 2 cobs corn (can also use 1 cup frozen)
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno or serrano
- 4 eggs
- Oil for coating (we use avocado oil)
- Spices of choice (we used salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder)
- Season your eggs and garnish with lime, cilantro, green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Dice veggies (keep dense veggies, like sweet potato separate)
- Coat veggies with oil and spices
- Cook sweet potatoes for 10 minutes
- Take out and add the rest of the veggies and cook for 15 minutes
- Take out and create wells for eggs
- Spray with non-stick spray and gently crack in eggs
- Cook for 10 minutes (adjust for preferred yolk)
- Take out and garnish with lime, cilantro, and green onion.
- Serve warm and enjoy!