We all know it’s “the most important meal of the day” but it can be tiresome trying to think of healthy and quick breakfast ideas, especially if you have a busy schedule. We hope to make this task a little easier with our “egg bites” made with one dozen eggs, cheese, and veggies all popped into a muffin tin.
These egg bites are an ideal on-the-go breakfast and can be eaten cold from the refrigerator or warmed up in the microwave.
However, some days you may want something a little heartier and a little more “breakfast-y.” If you don’t have time to scramble yourself fresh eggs every morning but want some animal-sourced protein, these egg bites are a perfect meal prepping option.
We try to keep our recipes customizable for as many dietary needs and taste preferences as we can. We use sharp cheddar cheese and a frozen veggie medley here but feel free to use vegan cheese (or skip the dairy altogether) and throw in whichever veggies you have on hand.
Made in only 30 minutes, these egg bites can feed you and your family for a few days and are totally worth the small labor of love.
Try these out and you’ll see egg-sactly what we mean (sorry, we couldn’t resist). Enjoy!
How long can you keep egg bites in the fridge?
These egg bites will taste best if consumed within 3 days and should be stored in the refrigerator.
Do egg bites reheat well?
Yes! These egg bites taste great reheated and can be used in meal planning for little ones. They heat up relatively quickly, so we recommend 5-second increments until you achieve your desired temperature.
- 1 dozen eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 1 cup frozen veggie medley (defrosted and strained)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tsp pesto (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Beat 12 eggs until combined
- Add cheese, veggie medley, salt, and pepper and mix until well combined
- Line muffin tin with 12 muffin liners
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared liners
- Optional: add a small dollop of pesto to the top and swirl with a toothpick
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through