If breakfast can taste like dessert (and this chocolate chia pudding certainly does), count us in!
Chia seeds are tiny, unassuming seeds you’ve likely heard about in the nutrition community over recent years. How can such a small seed be such a big deal?
“You can’t judge a book by its cover” has never been more appropriate. These seeds, though small, are full of fiber, antioxidants, and are rather satisfying when transformed into a pudding!
Simplicity is the name of the game. All you need are 3 ingredients and a little bit of patience as this will need to set in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours.
Chocolate chia seed pudding is the perfect make-ahead breakfast to treat yourself to this week. It’s chocolate pudding for breakfast! What are you waiting for?
Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a medium mixing bowl, add chia seeds.
- Add cocoa powder.
- Add almond milk.
- Add maple syrup.
- Mix well until combined (this can take a few minutes).
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours (or overnight).
- Remove plastic wrap and stir thoroughly.
- Serve in a cup and top with preferred toppings.